Friday, March 23, 2012

Abers Art Centre through my eyes


The studios are stunning; there are 16 pod like structures that look as if they were made of giant aluminium foil with all the crinkles going over wide ribs reflecting light from all around.  I often find myself staring out the window at the next studio. These were designed by Thomas Heatherwick.



I often find myself working late into the night and the studios look amazing.
 Yes there are other people still floating around the uni at night.
 
I’ll try and give an idea of the centre’s size through some pics.

Close by our studios is the Arts Centre with the round Ceramics Centre and you can see one of Heatherwick's studios in the background.

 
The main gallery space.
 
The ceramics gallery
 
The café and retail section.
 
The cinema section which is through the door above.
 
We gave talks to the community in week 2, they went down well.

The front of the Arts Centre and Abers Uni.

The Ceramics Centre


 
Roger in the kiln room
Ceramics rooms


1 comment:

  1. Looks great Alison...I can see why you are enjoying it. The night shots are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete