Saturday, March 31, 2012

Weather and seasonal changes

I know it sounds boring to write about the weather, but if you happen to visit from Oz it helps to be prepared.

When I arrived early March it was cold, foggy and in single figures and needed all that peripheral clothing like hats, scarves, big coats and yes even thermals.  My co artist-in-resident Natasha Rosling (from London) was also wearing thermals.  Many of these early days the Irish Sea could not be seen from the top of the hill for fog. Hence it wasn’t long before I got a chest infection. 
My impression of the weather from my bedroom window again.

This week the weather has changed dramatically and unseasonably for the better, we are having glorious days of sunshine; I pass locals in mid conversation complaining about the heat, I giggle to myself… heat, it’s only 19 degrees.  Next week is forecast to be cold again and frosts.

 Darkness Street (the main street), Aberystwyth

Spring Daffodils

Night blossoms


Rain on the tree in what I call 'Squirrel Park'

 Sunshine last week and snow this following week

And of course some hail, with this nice safe view from my bedroom window.

I love how plants grown given the smallest opportunity.       





Delicate dandelions blossom everywhere now.   
Blooming for just a brief time




No comments:

Post a Comment